Wednesday, August 06, 2008

Update

I thought I would update you regarding my folks Immigration Interview AND a prayer request for Steve!!

So, with that said, thank you for keeping my folks in your thoughts and prayers during the immigration process! They had their interview yesterday and it was APPROVED!!! YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HOWEVER....of course, there's always a little red tape mixed in with a little
good ol' Murphy's Law!! Their South African Police Clearance expired 10 days
ago! Just think of all the crimes they could have committed in that
time!!!!haha!

Anyway, they stopped at the Police Station on the way to the airport in JoBurg
and requested a new one. It has to then be sent to Pretoria where it gets
processed and then sent back to the Embassy in Joburg, so that they can
officially stamp their passport, return it to them so they can start making
their travel arrangements!! That usually takes anywhere from 3-6 weeks! We pray
sooner though!!

So, at the end of the day, we're just SOOOOOOOOOOOOO thankful it was approved,
it just means that it's been delayed even more!! Looking at the end goal, thats
a small price to pay!!!
The funny thing during the interview though was that they kept having my mom
reassure them that she actually DID give birth to me!! I guess some people will
do anything to get here, they have to be extra cautious!!!

Thank you so much again for all your prayers and we will keep you posted on
timing as we hear!

Well, now on to a prayer request...

2 days before the earthquake, Steve was suffering from nose bleeds, which he
NEVER gets. (weird note: I said to him, " i wonder if we're going to have an
earthquake!!!" WOW!)

Anyway, we didn't think much of it, except when he came home the day of the
quake, after mountain biking with some work buddies - he said that he had to get
off the bike a couple times to lie down on the dirt trail as he couldn't breath and his eyes were blacking over and he felt like he was going to pass out! He bikes alot
and this has never happened to him before. That is when we decided that he
should make a Dr's appt.

Well, it turns out that he's functioning on only 40% of his lung capacity. He
has an appt with the specialist on Monday (8/11), to determine why! it could be
several diff. reasons, including scar tissue that has grown over from when his
lung collapsed in High School. Please keep him in your prayers and that the
appt goes well on Monday!! We will keep you all posted!

We greatly appreciate it!!!

Thanks again and God Bless

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home